AUSTIN, TEXAS GUIDE
Fun, food, music and good times
Travel-Austin-Texas.com is a must destination for first time visitors and long time residents. Packed with reviews and insider hints, tips and hard to find information. So sit back and take your tour of TravelAustinTexas.com, it's the next best thing to being here.
Travel in style or on the cheap. Everything you need to know about Austin Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA) plus General Aviation Airports and FBO services throughout the Hill Country. How to get here and how to get around. Including limousine and exotic car rentals, Super Shuttle service, inexpensive bus and train travel. Rental car locations, taxi service. Don't miss Texas Road Maps for motorcycle tours and auto trips. If you're visiting for a UT Football game or music festival, don't miss the parking and traffic information. Plus many money and time saving Austin, Texas Travel Tips, hints, cheats and shortcuts. Photo/rutlo
From the luxurious, world class Four Seasons Hotel to the turn of the century charm of the Driskill Hotel, Austin has an abundance of quality hotels, motels and resorts. Including Bed & Breakfast and Boutique Hotels. Read this section for more than 40 indepth hotel reviews with information about neighborhood, location, price range, facilities and best deals. All Austin hotels are categorized by their location to downtown, IH-35 corridor, Arboretum and airport.
Austin is the very heart of the famed Texas barbecue trail. When you think of great Austin restaurants, barbecue is what comes to mind. Including the world renowned Salt Lick in Driftwood, Cooper's Barbeque in Llano, Smitty's Market in Lockhart and more in Austin, Texas. Complete reviews including menu items, price range, hours and best times to visit. Photo/barron
Other recommended Austin restaurants include great Tex Mex at Curra's Grill and Chuy's. Dirty Martin's makes their burgers the same way since 1926 and is popular after UT Football games. If you want the ultimate elegant meal the Driskill Grill is known for fantastic food, romantic atmosphere and great service. It's also expensive. Austin is a gastronomic thrill ride. That's why the Wall Street Journal proclaimed Austin restaurants the "new dining destination."
Top Of Page
Austin Golf Courses
CNN's Golf.com rates Austin the #1 Golf City in America. I review 25 of the most popular courses in the Austin area. Resorts, municipal and public courses and my top 5 personal favorites. Address, directions, phone, website, fee range, course description, reservation and rental information. Plus travel tips for each of the course neighborhoods. This is an Austin, Texas road map to a great golf experience. Photo/Wolfdancer Golf Club
Austin, Texas is the live music capital of the world. Over 200 stages, seven nights a week offering a wide array of music from jazz to punk. I list clubs by area, record stores, music stores, travel tips, a section for classic clubs and legendary Austin musicians who are no longer with us. Plus indepth reviews of my personal favorite Austin, Texas late night haunts and music venues. If you enjoy top tier live music in intimate, up close rooms, you will love Austin.
Start here to find out why we're the Live Music Capitol of the World. Photo/Silly Jilly
Top Of Page
Austin Music Festivals
SXSW is the premier music festival on planet Earth. 1800 acts performing on 90 stages. Old Settlers Music Festival is a laid back, guitars-around-the-campfire experience. The ROT Biker Rally (Republic of Texas) is a live music driven, beer soaked party. Austin City Limits Festival (ACL) boasts multiple stages, star studded talent and is a gathering of the tribes in the park. Reviews include traffic, parking and crowd tips. Plus more information about Austin restaurants, dress, weather, what to avoid, festival sites and more. ACVB Photo/Andrew Shapter
Use this site as your Travel-Austin-Texas road map to barbeque, music, golf, travel and fun. A comprehensive insiders report of the very best Austin, Texas has to offer. Photo/austinevan
The information on the recommended reviews may not be current or accurate as fees and prices change. Restaurants, music venues, golf courses, rental companies, open close and change management often. Verify your plans in advance with the business or organization you plan to visit.
Top Of Page
Table of Contents
- Austin, Texas; Secret Vacation Paradise
- Undiscovered and uncrowded Austin, Texas. Friendly people, great climate, Texas BBQ, Austin Live Music, University of Texas, golf, fish, camp, resorts, festivals, parks. Something for everyone.
- Travel Austin Texas Blog
- Latest news for Travel-Austin-Texas.com.
- Fun Things To Do In Austin
- Suggested things to do in Austin and surrounding areas. There's always something going on - music, events, festivals, free stuff, family friendly, pet friendly and romance!
- AUSTIN TRAVEL MADE EASY: How to get here, how to get around
- Complete Austin travel info including; Austin Tourism Tips, Austin airport, exotic car rental, train travel, motorcycle tours, car trips, bus routes, traffic. Insider's review here.
- AUSTIN HOTELS :: Including luxury, boutique, near 6th Street, resorts
- Austin hotels and motels. Find Austin travel deals for Austin boutique hotels, luxury hotels and more. Downtown, UT, Arboretum, SoCo, Airport areas.
- BOUTIQUE HOTELS IN AUSTIN
- Austin Boutique Hotels and Bed & Breakfast properties are tucked away in quiet tree-lined neighborhoods. If you want to avoid hotel chains, find Austin, Texas lodging alternatives here.
- CENTRAL TEXAS BARBEQUE Is Reason Enough to Visit Austin
- Tour the World Famous Texas Barbeque Trail. There are more BBQ joints in Texas than McDonald's. More than Kansas, Tennessee and North Carolina combined. Insider's review here.
- AUSTIN RESTAURANTS I LIKE BEST
- Looking for the best Austin restaurants? The 'Wall Street Journal' called Austin the "New Dining Destination." Find out more here.
- Austin Texas Golf Courses Get Golf.com Rating #1 Golf City In America
- Austin, Texas golf courses have more variety and quality selection than any city in America. Austin golf boasts courses that challenge all skill levels, year round play, family friendly. Review here.
- AUSTIN MUSIC EXPOSED and Examined Up Close and Personal
- Austin music clubs reviewed. Record stores. Music stores. Austin City Limits. Austin Chronicle. Insider's review here.
- AUSTIN MUSIC FESTIVALS: ADVICE, RECOMMENDATIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
- Austin music festivals: SXSW, ACL Festival, ROT Rally and Old Settler's Music Festival revealed. Close up insiders report.
- YOUR TEXAS ROAD MAP EXPLORES 7 SCENIC REGIONS
- Your Texas Road Map is your personal guide to the best Texas highways. Map your vacation and get your free Texas state map and travel guide here.
- About Me; YOUR GUIDE TO AUSTIN, TX TRAVEL SECRETS
- About me; Austin resident and Texan native, use my guide to have the best time possible when you visit Austin, TX.
- Site & Privacy Policies
- Site policies for TravelAustinTexas.com.
- CONTACT ME
- Contact me with questions or comments here.
- SITEMAP: Travel-Austin-Texas.com
- Travel-Austin-Texas.com sitemap. Find things to do in Austin, Texas.
On This Page
Travel: Getting here, getting around.
Hotels: From 5 star luxury to convenient and economical, to eclectic...
BBQ: Don't miss the famed Texas Barbecue Trail.
Restaurants: Find Austin's gems and treasures.
Golf: Course reviews, directions and tips.
Music Clubs: Clubs, record stores, music stores, plus legendary musicians and clubs.
Music Festivals: SXSW, Austin City Limits and more.
Vacation Austin: Things to do in Austin.